About this BlogJohn Lindsay is a registered patent attorney in Dallas providing patent, trademark, and other IP law service in invention, branding, content, and technology matters.
- Topics in Brain Health- Intro to brain, brain Injury & cognitive function, biomarkers predicting brain aging 4/23 FTW http://t.co/1rTO9ePkAd
- Inventing and commercialization is more often a marathon rather than a sprint. https://t.co/9SP4VE02xb
- USPTO patents for humanity winners include areas of drug-resistant TB, anti-malaria drug, solar power, wheelchairs. http://t.co/tuR8sE1iZc
- RT @BeemPatentLaw: #HIMSS15 says protect HIPAA data, forgets developers’ IP/patent rights. See my new blog, http://t.co/PuSsPlICUI.
- RT @WIPO: #WorldIPDay 2015 celebrates music. 8 inventions to link listeners & tunes in years to come: http://t.co/UCgncfSreF http://t.co/HGGpRczoKQ
- The Possible Impact of Alice v. CLS Bank on Chemical Inventions
- United States Supreme Court Ruling in Alice v. CLS Bank – Software is Still Patentable
- 3D Printing’s Impact on Patent Valuation and Enforcement
- Three Patent Strategy Changes Under the America Invents Act
- Advantages of a UDRP Domain Name Proceeding
- 3 Key Terms of a Software License
- Taking Advantage of the Timeline for the PCT “International” Patent Application
- Overview of the PCT “International” Patent Application
- Copyright © 2009-2015, Lindsay Law. All rights reserved.
Category Archives: Trademarks
Trademark and Domain Names A business can spend a lot of time, capital, energy in building rights in a trademark and the associated goodwill with the public. It can be devastating when a third party registers a domain name and … Continue reading
If your company has developed software, it should create a software license prior to distribution of that software. A software license is the key instrument that defines the rights in ownership, usage, and distribution of software between the company and … Continue reading
You’ve probably read about the recent dispute between Best Buy, owner of the “Geek Squad” trademarks, and Father Luke Strand of Holy Family Catholic Church, (former?) owner of a VW Beetle adorned with a “God Squad” logo. One of the … Continue reading
Frequently I encounter businesses seeking to protect a brand name. In discussing the actions taken to date taken, owners frequently state that they have registered the domain name corresponding to the desired brand name. Frequently, they believe that their name … Continue reading