About this BlogJohn Lindsay is a registered patent attorney in Dallas providing patent, trademark, and other IP law service in invention, branding, content, and technology matters.
- Topics in Brain Health- Intro to brain, brain Injury & cognitive function, biomarkers predicting brain aging 4/23 FTW http://t.co/1rTO9ePkAd
- Inventing and commercialization is more often a marathon rather than a sprint. https://t.co/9SP4VE02xb
- USPTO patents for humanity winners include areas of drug-resistant TB, anti-malaria drug, solar power, wheelchairs. http://t.co/tuR8sE1iZc
- RT @BeemPatentLaw: #HIMSS15 says protect HIPAA data, forgets developers’ IP/patent rights. See my new blog, http://t.co/PuSsPlICUI.
- RT @WIPO: #WorldIPDay 2015 celebrates music. 8 inventions to link listeners & tunes in years to come: http://t.co/UCgncfSreF http://t.co/HGGpRczoKQ
- The Possible Impact of Alice v. CLS Bank on Chemical Inventions
- United States Supreme Court Ruling in Alice v. CLS Bank – Software is Still Patentable
- 3D Printing’s Impact on Patent Valuation and Enforcement
- Three Patent Strategy Changes Under the America Invents Act
- Advantages of a UDRP Domain Name Proceeding
- 3 Key Terms of a Software License
- Taking Advantage of the Timeline for the PCT “International” Patent Application
- Overview of the PCT “International” Patent Application
- Copyright © 2009-2015, Lindsay Law. All rights reserved.
Category Archives: Entrepreneur
Ten Common Concerns with Doing Business in the United States
Frequently, in an intellectual property consultation with a startup team, we inventory and discuss the intellectual property involved in the business plan and the timing, cost, and strategy in protecting it. As some intellectual property rights can be impacted or … Continue reading
Many small businesses need help with design and development of inventions at various stages. A startup may want a mockup or virtual prototype in order to pitch for funding. Later, the business may need a working prototype for further proof … Continue reading
Frequently I encounter businesses seeking to protect a brand name. In discussing the actions taken to date taken, owners frequently state that they have registered the domain name corresponding to the desired brand name. Frequently, they believe that their name … Continue reading
Funding is a concern for many startups and small business creating new products. The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) is a congressionally authorized, federal program that may be an option for funding for some of those businesses operating in select … Continue reading