About this BlogJohn Lindsay is a registered patent attorney in Dallas providing patent, trademark, and copyright law counsel in invention, branding, content, and technology matters.
- RT @TexasDukeFan: So lucky to have Craig Enoch, Wes Jurey and Kelly Jackson speak on the patent pro bono assistance program at SWRM 2014!
- Slides from SWRM 2014. Is Alice in the Chemical Wonderland? Potential impact of Alice decision on chemical inventions http://t.co/mBbgYoaZ4D
- American Chemical Society South West Regional Meeting in Fort Worth until Friday. http://t.co/PsPjvFenWv
- Ebola virus related patents. https://t.co/lNjRFx9OvO
- USPTO request for comments on its use of crowdsourcing to Identify relevant prior art. http://t.co/xxkNs4BJnn
- United States Supreme Court Ruling in Alice v. CLS Bank – Software is Still Patentable
- 3D Printing’s Impact on Patent Valuation and Enforcement
- Three Patent Strategy Changes Under the America Invents Act
- Advantages of a UDRP Domain Name Proceeding
- 3 Key Terms of a Software License
- Taking Advantage of the Timeline for the PCT “International” Patent Application
- Overview of the PCT “International” Patent Application
- 3 Key Terms of a Patent License
- Copyright © 2009-2014, Lindsay Law. All rights reserved.
Author Archives: John Lindsay
Recently, the United States Supreme Court decision in Alice v. CLS Bank ruling impacted the scope of software patents. Some opined that software was no longer patentable. The United States Patent & Trademark Office even withdrew notices of allowance for … Continue reading
3D printing is an exciting field of technology and has made some great advances recently. It is a disruptive technology with the capability to transform the manufacturing industry. Relatively inexpensive hardware and openly available design files allow individuals and companies … Continue reading
The final provisions of the America Invents Act (AIA) recently took effect. The AIA represents the most significant overhaul of United States patent law since the mid twentieth century. It enacted provisions over time, with some provisions taking effect in … Continue reading
Trademark and Domain Names A business can spend a lot of time, capital, energy in building rights in a trademark and the associated goodwill with the public. It can be devastating when a third party registers a domain name and … Continue reading
If your company has developed software, it should create a software license prior to distribution of that software. A software license is the key instrument that defines the rights in ownership, usage, and distribution of software between the company and … Continue reading